Elevate Living is currently seeking a new Property Manager for our Crescent Chase property, located in Johnston, IA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing Regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to multi-family housing.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and customer service oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works as part of a team, as well as completes assignments individually.
- Exercises problem-solving skills and takes initiative to propose resolutions to management.
- Takes direction from management.
- Interacts with co-workers, management, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Demonstrates a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with employees, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, email, telephone or in person.
- On assigned property(s), act as Elevate's primary coordinator to assure that our efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations.
- Motivates team to achieve daily, weekly and monthly property goals.
- Manages leasing activity, reviews weekly specials, leases units.
- Prepare leases, and executes leases and lease addenda.
- Resolves resident issues, ensuring resident satisfaction through all interactions.
- Helps coordinate general maintenance, major repairs and remodeling or construction projects with Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Project Manager. Helps prioritize maintenance schedule.
- Works with vendors as appropriate and monitors vendor quality.
- Oversees/directs local marketing strategy for property, including online advertising; works with corporate Marketing team.
- Walks the property, visually inspecting common areas and vacant apartments to ensure property meets company's standards.
- Completes monthly property inspections and completes Monthly Property Inspection Report.
- Responsible for overall curb appeal of the property.
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Monitors property leasing activity and vacancies.
- Achieves daily, weekly and monthly individual leasing goals to contribute to team/property leasing goals.
- Answers telephone calls, internet inquiries and in-person requests from prospects and follows up on every prospect.
- Processes prospect applications in accordance with Elevate's rental criteria.
- Qualifies all prospects by collecting/compiling personal data and entering it into property management software database, initiates background checks, and provides follow up status to prospect.
- Communicates move-in/move-out apartment status to other staff members; verifies apartments are move-in ready.
- Overall supervision of preparation of vacant units for move-in - process move out inspection, schedule of work with maintenance and vendors to ensure smooth unit turns and high quality satisfaction of residents.
- Organizes and directs lease renewal program by contacting residents, sending out renewal letters, scheduling appointments, reviewing of incentive options and signing on renewal lease.
- Shows the apartment community to guests/prospects; answers questions regarding amenities, apartment homes and the local community.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Conducts periodic market surveys.
- Plans, promotes and implements effective resident retention programs.
- Adheres to marketing requirement, e.g. Craigslist postings.
- Contributes ideas to the manager for marketing property and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Coordinates with Marketing Manager as needed and communicates marketing needs to Marketing Manager.
- Collects rents, delinquent accounts and other receivable amounts. Enters data into leasing software database and makes bank deposits.
- Sets up approved payment plans for residents.
- Approves all payables prior to entering into property management software system.
- Maintains petty cash receipt journal.
- Reviews AR reports weekly and monthly and takes appropriate follow-up action to correct past due accounts.
- Oversees delivery of all three (3) days notices for late payments and prepares legal action for eviction when necessary.
- Manages property income and expenses to achieve operational budget (NOI); reviews and approves property expenses.
- Assists in formulation of budgets for each upcoming year in conjunction with the Regional Manager and/or Director of Operations. Responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Recommends and implements programs which contribute to profitability.
- Handles paperwork and administrative issues to ensure property remains in compliance with all City, State, Federal and OSHA regulations and requirements, in cooperation with the Compliance Manager.
- Prepares reports as directed by Regional Manager, Director of Operations or Corporate staff.
- Communicates with residents through monthly newsletters, monthly communication activities, regular resident recognition and continual promotion of resident services.
- Follows up on work order requests.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that completion of leases is being executed property. Maintains lease renewal outcomes.
- Performs audits of resident files.
- Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office and model units.
- Hires, trains, motivates, supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operation goals of assigned property. This includes but is not limited to: new employee supervisor orientation, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts ongoing training with office staff; e.g. leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may been needed on a daily basis.
- Holds a firm understanding of the company's policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, and use these policies to monitor employee performance.
- Provides coaching and feedback to staff; ensures job expectations are known and followed for all persons on the team. Administers disciplinary action as necessary.
- Ensures consistency of personnel decisions/actions in cooperation with the Regional Manager and/or Director of Operations and HR Department.
- Schedules staff and plans for vacations according to business requirements.
- All other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Learns and complies with Elevate Safety Program and company safety rules.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports work-related injuries within 24 hours of occurrence, investigates injuries and submits all necessary documentation to the Human Resources Department.
- Must be familiar with all safety features for equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties.
- Must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Takes part in, and assigned employees to complete, monthly safety walk.
- Oversees proper storage of property keys.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience. Level of experience required may vary by Property and Region.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform various tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits.
- Certification as resident manager (ARM, CAM, etc.) is preferred.
Interested in applying for this position? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.